List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: Networking
From:       Henry Sobotka <sobotka () axess ! com>
Date:       2000-02-22 3:43:51

George Lengel wrote:

> How did you establish this? I turned on IPTRACE and then asked for a website
> that I knew would require a DNS query. All of my IPTRACE packets indicate
> mozilla is using 127.0.0.1 as the DNS lookup address over and over. It never
> sent anything out to my DNS server. I can send you the IPTRACE dump log if
> you would like to see it.

I have a little LAN here with an Apache server. It has no problem
reading my HOSTS file to resolve names. Connects also show up in the
server log. Or if I click on an external link, the modem lights flashing
indicate that the name gets resolved, the connection made, and the
download starts. The name resolution was also confirmed in debugger
stepthrus.

Last but not least, this evening IBM found a workaround to get HTTP
going. It works for me and I'll email you the fix, then add it to the
source at my site later on tonight.

Henry