List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: Problems with web search on VAC++ v4
From:       "Joan Touzet" <joant () joyce ! eng ! yale ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-16 21:12:32

Hi everyone,

After searching through the newsgroups, it turned out it was complaining
that the HOSTNAME entry in %ETC%\HOSTS didn't match the IP address on my
primary adapter.  One quick change in the HOSTS file, and everyone is
happy!

Thanks for the help, Stefan -- using sniffle.exe /P and the downloaded
imninit.exe (from IBM's newsgroup) to regenerate the NETQ.CFG file did the
trick.

Cheers,
Joan

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:37:52 +0100 (MEZ), Stefan Zechmeister wrote:

>I too had lots of troubles with NetQuestion (thats the search engine used for
>the html-docs) and
>vajava! as dave already mentioned the vajava-newsgroup is a good resource!
>some tips which helped me:
> 1. execute "sniffle.exe /P" in your netqos2 directory - it will tell you if
>your tcpip configuration is really correct
> 2. if sniffle reports that the tcpip config is correct use netqinit.exe to
>reinitialize netquestion.
>
>hope this helps
>ciao
>stefan
>

>On 16 Nov 1999 15:45:06 GMT, Dave Mooney wrote:
>
>-->Joan Touzet <joant@ieee.org> wrote:
>-->> I've got ifconfig lo working just fine, and a map for 127.0.0.1 to
>-->> loopback as well as localhost in \MPTN\ETC\HOSTS -- but still no go.
>-->> Anyone else had these problems?  I've also already corrected any incorrect
>-->> paths in the *.CMD files in \IBMCPP40 and \NETQOS2.
>-->
>-->You should also verify that you have the daemon listening on port 49213.
>-->I believe that there is an icon in the VAC++ folder that will start the
>-->NetQ server.
>-->
>-->Lots of people have had lots of trouble getting this tool configured and
>-->working properly.  news://news.software.ibm.com/ibm.vajava.install is a
>-->good source of information.
>-->
>-->dave
>-->--
>-->   David Mooney  |  pez at vex dot net  |  "I get down and I vote"

---
- Joan Sarah Touzet        | So grey is not the color I expected           -
- joant@joyce.eng.yale.edu | On someone who's so often touched by grace    -
- joyce.eng.yale.edu/~joant| But always she's the spectre of uncertainty   -
- I still love OS/2.       | I first endured, then faded, then embraced... -