List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: Progress update (was Re: Implementing NGLayout)
From:       Pat Gunn <pgunn01 () ibm ! net>
Date:       1998-09-20 1:35:41

John Fairhurst wrote:

> In article <35FD8D63.478@ibm.net>, Pat Gunn  <pgunn01@ibm.net> wrote:
> > Hi all, is there any way I could possibly convince you to use
> > PNG as the image format for the Warpzilla FE?
>
>    Eh?  How are we supposed to draw PNGs?  Unless there's a GpiDrawPNG()
> function I don't know about, in which case I forgive you :-)
>
>    The os/2 specific bit of images is simply concerned with allocating a
> buffer for XP code to put bits in, and then drawing a section of them
> using bitmap functions as required by layout.

Either someone makes a wrapper that converts first (which might cause
performance issues) or the build process should convert to native
format,
in OS/2's case the OS/2 Bitmap format. The wrapper idea does have
certain
conveniences though, in that should graphics need to be dynamically
loaded,
they could be done so in a cross-platform fashion.

Pat Gunn, moderator:comp.sys.newton.announce
comoderator:comp.os.os2.moderated
"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." -- Dr Who
http://junior.apk.net/~qc