List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: sqlite3 dropping OS/2
From:       Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-15 19:34:02

Dariusz Piatkowski wrote:
> .so it certainly appears that it's the VFS that needs up-keep.
> If that is the case, what are the skillset requirements (development I'm
> thinking) required to help out with this?

Here's the VFS description, http://www.sqlite.org/vfs.html and here's
the diff between sqlite versions 3.7.13 and 3.7.14,
https://bug789645.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=659435.
The OS/2 parts of the diff would need to be extracted and put into the
VFS with the correct subclasses as described in vfs.html.
Problems, sqlite uses fossil for revision control and we have no fossil
port. Just means having to use releases for development or a Linux box
to pull the latest code.
They also have a weird development environment depending on tcl which we
don't have a very good port off. The source files are concated together
into one huge source file so you'd need to download the legacy source
code format. See http://www.sqlite.org/download.html.
I downloaded 3.7.13 yesterday just by changing the URL s/3071400//3071300/
Quickly building it, there were 100's (1000's?) of stabs errors and
sqliteshell crashed until I disabled readline support. This is probably
related to a broken ncurses install here.
Probably lots more stuff I'm unaware off.
Dave