List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: Crashes in SMPmW118
From:       "Rich Walsh" <spamyourself () 127 ! 0 ! 0 ! 1>
Date:       2010-12-21 5:46:31

> On an entire unrelated tack, does anybody here know of a way th
> gracefully terminate a running Seamnkey session from another application
> without resorting to such brutal things as 'kill -9 seamonkey.exe'?

If you use DTProgram, it's pretty easy - you can use REXX or my 'oo' util
('oo' is included in eCS 2.0 and available from hobbes).

First, get rid of the "multiple tabs" popup by unchecking "Warn me..."
on the 'Tabbed Browsing' page of Preferences.

REXX - add a line like this to a REXX script:
  rc = SysSetObjectData("<Seamonkey>","MENUITEMSELECTED=25864")

Note that the program object you want to close must have an Object ID
(in the example, "<Seamonkey>").  If it doesn't, you can assign one.
Open its WPS notebook to the 'Options' tab and set it there.

oo - add this line to a .cmd script (no REXX needed):
  oo /a "<Seamonkey>" "MENUITEMSELECTED=25864"

With oo, you don't even need an Object ID - you can use the fully-
qualified path of the program object (*not* the exe).  For example:
  oo /a "C:\Desktop\Programs\Seamonkey 1.1.8" "MENUITEMSELECTED=25864"

If you're using DTProgram, you're probably also using DragText, so
drag the program object into your (compatible) editor to get it's
f/q path.  Don't forget to put quotes around paths and Object IDs.

FYI... both of these methods simulate clicking on the "Close All"
menuitem that DTProgram adds.  If you wanted to use the "Kill All"
menuitem instead, the number you'd use is 25865.  Actually, using
both with a delay of a second or two between close and kill might
be the most reliable way to ensure SM is gone.

--
== == almost usable email address:  Rich AT E-vertise.Com == ==