List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    Re: further remarks about switching to seamonkey
From:       "Peter Weilbacher" <newsspam () weilbacher ! org>
Date:       2006-08-26 19:33:38

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:28:16 UTC, Leo Tick wrote:

> in a previous submission I whined about not being able
> to switch to seamonkey the current failure is a bounds
> violation in SRCHSVC.
[...]
> When I click on the search button nothing happens with
> my current profile but in the new one I get the
> Google window. I might add this failure happens in
> my moz .13.Suggestions?

If you are still fighting with this, my earlier suggestion still
applies:

   Best would be if you could backup the profile and remove parts of it
   until it works. If it is one of your settings (and not an extension or
   the like) is the cause, start with a backup of prefs.js (and user.js if
   there), remove a bunch of lines, test, and repeat until you find the
   line that is responsible. Sounds like a lot of work but might be less
   than starting anew.

In the end when you have found the offending part of the profile that
might even lead to a useful bug report.
--
Please      Unofficial builds: http://weilbacher.org/Mozilla/builds.html
reply in        (reload the _frame_ for the current version of the page)