List:       mozilla-os2
Subject:    GCC Hell
From:       "Rich Walsh" <yourself () 127 ! 0 ! 0 ! 1 ! netscape ! com>
Date:       2003-04-29 0:26:59

I posted the following to c.o.o.programmer.misc but am reposting it
here in the hope that someone closer to "the action" might have a clue:

I'm trying to get gcc 3.2.1 set up so I can build Mozilla but have run
into problems (beyond simple culture shock).

Running Mozilla's configure script produces this error:

  configure: error: Your compiler appears to have a known bug where
  long long is miscompiled when using -pedantic.  Reconfigure using
  --disable-pedantic.

I've been working with Javier from IBM's Mozilla team who says Moz
won't compile properly if I add that option.  He tells me that he's
solved the problem on other machines by recompiling the stuff in
"\emx\lib" and "\emx\lib\gcc-lib\i386-pc-os2-emx\3.2.1".  I've
done so (several times) but the result is still the same.

Any ideas?

BTW...  gcc came from ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/gcc-3.2.1-r2
and the emx stuff from hobbes.

--
 == == almost usable email address:  DragText AT E-vertise.Com == ==

                |                 DragText v3.7
Rich Walsh      |             Redefining drag & drop
Ft Myers, FL    |         http://e-vertise.com/dragtext/