List:       mozilla-license
Subject:    Re: Delphi Component MPL acceptibility
From:       Daniel Veditz <dveditz () netscape ! com>
Date:       2001-08-23 17:44:39

james@plane.co> wrote:

> For my own peace of mind, I'd like to reiterate the question and ask for
> comments..
>
> If I simply use a Delphi component as-is under MPL 1.1, I do not need to
> make available the source of my application that uses the as-is
> component. Correct?
>
> As far as prodiving use credit and links to author's website, etc., I
> have no problem with that. I just want to make sure that if I use this
> component in my application (without changes, as it comes from the
> author) that I am able to keep the source of my application private.
>
> Thank you for your time.

As long as you meet the notification requirements (including telling people
where they can get the source for that piece, presumably what you meant by
author's website) then your own source is completely unaffected and can be
kept private.

For example, Netscape does not have to publish any of the AIM source that is
in Netscape 6 even though the MPL'd Mozilla forms the bulk of the product.

-Dan Veditz