List:       mozilla-license
Subject:    Re: OPEN source chatter with BE and pointer Qs
From:       Frank Hecker <frank () collab ! net>
Date:       2000-01-25 21:46:30

Mark Rauterkus wrote:
> I see that the Be OS is going to be an open-source code title at the next
> release in the months ahead. Humm... Didn't the Be.OS folks (corporate and
> community) embrace Mozilla at its earliest releases?
>
> http://free.be.com
>
> The news had very little detail as to what license(S) are going to apply in
> their release.

From the site you reference it doesn't appear that Be is going to
release source code; they're just allowing personal noncommercial use at
no charge. This is similar to what Corel did with WordPerfect for Linux.

> Furthermore, what URLs, pointers and other email discussion groups are
> devoted to the talk of various licenses and possible industry implications,
> etc., etc. This list has been wonderful, but I'm seeking more global
> discussions beyond Netscape/Mozilla things.

For general discussion of industry implications of open source
(including open source business models) you should subscribe to the
"Free Software Business" (FSB) mailing list:

  http://www.crynwr.com/fsb/

For discussions specifically about licenses you should subscribe to the
"license-discuss" mailing list:

  http://www.opensource.org/
  mailto:license-discuss-subscribe@opensource.org

Frank