List:       mozilla-license
Subject:    Re: Mozilla License
From:       Gervase Markham <gerv () mozilla ! org>
Date:       2003-11-19 9:52:53

Ramachandra wrote:

> The proposed modifications to source code of Mozilla are as follows;
> 1. Replace splash screen of Mozilla with new screen
> 2. Icon of Mozilla to be replaced
> 3. Mozilla Title Window to be deleted
> 4. Only the distributable folder will be distributed along with our
> application and not the source code.
>
> The above are the only changes proposed. Should we seek Mozilla.org
> permission for the above

You do not need mozilla.org permission to do the above; you only need to
obey the terms of the MPL license regarding binary distribution (section
3.6.)

> and what should be displayed in "Exhibit A".

"Exhibit A" is the text which is added to new source files licensed
under the MPL. Unless you are licensing new files you wrote under the
MPL, you do not need to be adding Exhibit A anywhere yourself.

Gerv