List:       mozilla-layout
Subject:    Re: CSS status?
From:       sairwas () sun3 ! oulu ! fi (Antti Nayha)
Date:       1998-08-26 8:14:11

Angus Davis (angus@netscape.com) wrote:

: Ok, ok... forgive me. Where do I sacrifice my soul to the CSS gods for repentance?

No need to do that, those are merciful ones. :-)

Seriously: I didn't mean to offend--it's just that CSS authors
should be aware that their style sheets are never more than
*suggestions*.  One of the greatest benefits of CSS--as opposed
to HTML "layout"--is that a well crafted document can be viewed
100% clearly also *without* author's style suggestions.  This is
becoming increasingly important, as alternative browsing
enviroments (such as mobile phones, in-car speech browsers and
Web-TV's) become more and more popular.

But that's enough ranting, let's get back to work on NGLayout.
:-)  I'm currently updating my OBJECT test suite, with tests for
various audio and video formats as well as Java applets
(embedded by OBJECT instead of APPLET).  I'll post my experiences
as soon as I get to try the Aug 25 binary on my new tests.

--
- Antti,                         the bells are ringing
  a glory boy                           and the Sun is shining