List:       mozilla-layout
Subject:    Re: Printing in 600 dpi
From:       Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch.news () beonex ! com>
Date:       2012-06-30 12:10:01

Robert O'Callahan wrote in email:
> That may be transform-origin messing with you. By default the center of
> the element stays in the same place. Try -moz-transform-origin:top left.

Exactly. I had just found that. Thanks.

Very unintuitive. I think it should default to center for rotate, but to
top left for scale, if that's possible.

I'm *very* grateful for this CSS transform tip. Thanks a lot!

More generally, shouldn't we allow to set the dpi page-wide, so that 1
CSAS "px" and 1 image pixel = 1 device pixel, but "cm" is still physical
size, and "pt" still works (like in MS Word) in relation to cm? While
this trick works for me and is exactly what I need, because I need to
rotate, too, I think it should be easier to make webpages specifically
for print with high-res than it is now. (It took me about 3 full days so
far.) I'm thinking of @page { resolution: 600dpi }.

Ben