List:       mozilla-layout
Subject:    Re: line layout question: should inline frames with nonzero
From:       Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky () mit ! edu>
Date:       2009-09-04 2:28:53

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Actually I'm not sure whether bidi reordering should change GetSkipSides
> ... I'd have to reread the CSS 2.1 spec and our code.

It certainly does in our code, and I'd hope the spec matches that.
That's the only behavior that can possibly make sense.  Otherwise you
get borders halfway through the text.

That said, for the frames I care about (those somewhere in the middle of
an {ib} split), bidi reordering can't change the fact that both start
and end are skipped.  I could just hack knowledge of ib splits into
nsInlineFrame::IsSelfEmpty if people are ok with that.

-Boris