List:       mozilla-layout
Subject:    Looking for people interested in DHTML who build Mozilla
From:       Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky () mit ! edu>
Date:       2004-04-23 2:24:59

I'm considering trying to make some changes to style reresolution that may have
a significant performance impact on some DHTML pages (for the better, that is).
  The problem is that there is a danger that this approach will lead to dropped
frames, jerky animation, etc.  So while actual performance improves, the
perceived performance and the user experience would suffer.

If there are people out there who are interested in helping out with this and
who build, please email me (privately).  If I find such people, I'll whip up a
quick-n-dirty prototype patch that can be used to evaluate the feasibility of
the approach.....

-Boris