List:       mozilla-java
Subject:    Re: Site Search
From:       Andy Tripp <atripp () home ! com>
Date:       1999-05-01 1:59:36

Sure it's possible in Java.  Not too hard, either.
You can open a URL and read it as a stream of bytes and check
the bytes for the search string, repeating the process any time
you find "<A HREF=..." text.

An easier way would be to use a tool like Vtopia's (www.vtopia.com)
Hypertext product.  With just a couple of lines of code, you tell
it to read a particular URL and it reads it into a tree (DOM)
structure.  You then write code to walk thru the tree, looking
for your text.

Andy