List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: New Bidi layout and gfx code
From:       "Robert O'Callahan" <roc+ () cs ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-12 21:05:33

Erik van der Poel wrote:
> Whether the DOM tree is initially created that way or later modified,
> we still don't have a definitive answer to the question of DOM
> compliance. Let's see what comes out of W3C. We need to know whether
> it's legal to split DOM text nodes for bidi presentation.

From
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2/introduction.html
> One important property of DOM structure models is structural
> isomorphism: if any two Document Object Model implementations are
> used to create a representation of the same document, they will
> create the same structure model, in accordance with the XML
> Information Set [Infoset].

So it's either illegal, or it's a requirement. And I don't read anything
that says it's a requirement, so I conclude it must be illegal.

Rob
--
[Robert O'Callahan http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~roc 6th year CMU CS PhD student
"Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in