List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: ISO-646 regional
From:       Frank Tang <ftang () netscape ! com>
Date:       1999-05-21 14:54:11

Sorry for my late reply. It is difficult to reply since Phil does not include the
origional email address of Stephan.

The current answer is NO unless
1. You can demostrate this is not just an one person issue. Show me any particular
user group have same problem as you do. (For example, tell me XX% of the users in
YY country share the same problem as you do)
2. List clear definitation of what you ask for. Instead ask us "the regional
variantions, such as ISO-646-NO", tell me "ISO-646-NO, xxx, yyy, and zzz charset".
Of course, for each one of these, give me the user group as I listed in 1.
3. Provide technical detail to us, such as soft/hard copy of the ISO/National
standard you mention. or RFC number which list the details.
4. Promise to do (or find someone to do) the QA job for these feature on
Mac/Linux/Win32 untill we ship 5.0.

I think we can consider (for ISO-646 variant only, not every charset) that if you
can give me positive and reasonable answer for what I asked above.