List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: Unable to build the 1998-07-28 Mozilla
From:       Frank Tang <ftang () netscape ! com>
Date:       1998-08-10 17:26:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Barak Ori wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> I have more information about the build problem I had earlier. Please
> advise. In addition, you mentioned that we can submit changes up to
> August 10th, which is practicaly now. So now that we haven't met the
> deadline, what do we do with the Bidi project? I'd still like to keep
> Netscape in the Israeli market, where logical Hebrew is now a big
> issue.

Since you have not meet that dead line in 8/10, which mean I probably
CANNOT meet my dead line in 9/1 (as I said, I need 20 days to review,
merge, ask approval, etc to check in). Which mean we probably cannot
make it into the first mozilla based Netscape binary build. Currently,
they plan to have more small update (2-4 times a year???) then the major
release like what we done in the past. I am not 100% that is what will
happen. But if that happen, we may have chance to put the change into
the next one. However, it is also possible that they will replace the
currently layout engine with the ngLayout in the next release. If I were
you, I will first working on something which will be needed for both
currently layout and ngLayout, such as contextual analysis code on
Win/Mac/X FE. No matter how they change the layout, they still need
somecode to convert from character code (UCS-2 in ngLayout) into glyph
code and use the *right way* in each FE to draw them.