Jean-Marc Desperrier wrote: > Tomasz Grobelny wrote: >> Does mozilla use code that performs language guessing? > > No. If you need it, you need to have set properly a 'lang' attribute. > For web pages it rarely would be usable (if at all). But I thought such a mechanism could for example choose appropriate phrases and signatures in e-mail client when replying. >> I don't mean >> character encoding guessing but determining if (for example) mail >> received by the user was in Polish, German or English. If it is not an >> appropriate list please direct me to the correct one. TIA > > The place would be appropriate, but there is nothing like that in > Mozilla. Ok, thanks. I asked just because I was told mozilla has sth like this. It must have been a misunderstanding though. > It would be expensive in term of CPU, and difficult to make I doubt it. _Maybe_ I will check if that's the case. Tomek _______________________________________________ mozilla-i18n mailing list mozilla-i18n@mozilla.org http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-i18n