List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: language guessing
From:       Jean-Marc Desperrier <jmdesp () alussinan ! org>
Date:       2005-06-08 0:11:49

Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> Does mozilla use code that performs language guessing?

No. If you need it, you need to have set properly a 'lang' attribute.

> I don't mean
> character encoding guessing but determining if (for example) mail received
> by the user was in Polish, German or English. If it is not an appropriate
> list please direct me to the correct one. TIA

The place would be appropriate, but there is nothing like that in
Mozilla. It would be expensive in term of CPU, and difficult to make
precise enough, with limited gain. The good solution is to properly mark
the page according to their language. If you really need it, you could
use a greasemonkey script to change adequately the assigned language of
pages.