List:       mozilla-i18n
Subject:    Re: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-hindi/
From:       alok.kumar () mailjol ! com (Alok Kumar)
Date:       2002-12-30 4:34:01

> Yea if you have the Indix Installed mozilla works fine on Linux.
> >
> > As (2) is a long process, please try upgrading to mozilla 1.1 first. I
> > have indix installed as well, so I have no personal experience of what
> > mozilla 1.1 support is like *without* indix, on a virgin X.  But I do
> > know of at least one user who is able to see the matras properly on
> > mozilla 1.1 on a virgin X, ie without indix.
>
> No, I dont think some one got it successfully. I am a member of Mozilla
> hindi Localhisation group and did not come accross any one who run it
> successfully.

Ok, let me confirm from from that user, maybe he was just happy to see
the devanagari letters in the mozilla window, and didn't check up the
matra positions!

Personal experience says:
*nix: Mozilla 1.1 with Indix
Win*: IE 5 on win98,2k,xp without any additional installs
      Mozilla 1.1 on XP (after installing Indian language pack)
Display devanagari properly.

Now you're ready to view
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-hindi/ .