List:       mozilla-gtk
Subject:    Do you bounce?
From:       jlnance () worldnet ! att ! net (James Lewis Nance)
Date:       2000-01-28 4:04:56

Hello All,
    I just talked with Pavlov on IRC about mozilla having "bouncy" scrolling.
From what I can tell he is seeing something significantly different than
I am, and I am trying to figure out what the difference is.  Pavlov only
notices slight bouncing when using a debug build, and for me it bounces
enough to be very annoying.  If you dont know what bouncy scrolling is
you are probably on Pavlov's end of the spectrum.
    The machine I am using is a 400MHz K6-III with 128M of ram, so I do not
think its a CPU speed problem that I am having.  I do have a fairly old
S3 Virge video card, so perhaps thats the problem.  On the other hand, neither
Netscape 4.7 nor mozilla w/o gfx scrollbars has the bounce problem so its not
just the fact that my video card may be slow.
    Does anyone else see bounce when scrolling?  What kind of system are you
running?

My system is:

Red Hat 6.1, 400MHz K6-III, 128M Ram, S3 Virge, 16 bit color, 1024x768 pixels

				Thanks,

				Jim