List:       mozilla-gtk
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkMozilla 0.1 released
From:       Mike Shaver <shaver () mozilla ! org>
Date:       1999-05-25 23:10:10

Alexander Larsson wrote:
> By the way, what's your policy for including generated code in the cvs
> tree?
>
> I've used automake and libtool to generate makefiles and some scripts.
> Should these generates files be in CVS or do we require people to have
> libtool and automake installed.

You and ramiro should sort that out.  The plans he describe in his reply
are, as always, eminently reasonable.

> Some of the scripts are GPL'ed too. Is that a problem? (They don't get
> linked, they're just used  when building.)

GPL'd scripts are no worries: the output of GPL'd programs aren't
GPL-affected, etc.

You really don't want to make the source be NPL'd, though: you want MPL,
probably version 1.1.  (NPL gives magic rights to Netscape, and I'm
pretty sure that's not what you want.  In fact, I will discourage you
from giving Netscape those special rights. =) )  See
http://www.mozilla.org/NPL/NPL-1_1Final.html for the newest MPL text --
don't be fooled by the NPL in the URL, it's really the MPL at the top.

Just changing "NPL" to "MPL" and "1.0" to "1.1" in your code is probably
sufficient.

Thanks for your work -- I look forward to getting it into the tree.

Mike

--
104119.80 38693.18