List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Re: The way to release
From:       Daniel Veditz <dveditz () netscape ! com>
Date:       2000-06-29 20:57:11

Dan Mosedale wrote:

> Ben Bucksch <mozilla.news@bucksch.org> writes:
> > > - Areas to work on, e.g.
> >
> > I missed footprint, both disk and RAM.
> >
> > BTW: We already have keywords which cover some of those areas:
> >   mlk          memory leaks
> >   perf         performance
> >   arch         APIs etc.
> >   helpwanted   features etc.
> >   crash        part of stability
> > But they don't really give an idea about the importance for a release.
>
> We could use those keywords in combination with the "priority" fields
> to track importance for a release.

Supposedly the "priority" field is for the assigned developers to manage
their workload. If you don't like a priority setting you need to negotiate
with the bug owner or assign it to someone who can get to it sooner. That
may not be much true in practice, but you still might want to use a
different mechanism.

-Dan Veditz