List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Anybody want to help out with one more project?
From:       Chris Lee <nytehorse () inficad ! com>
Date:       1999-12-24 2:30:21

Ok, here's the audience I'm looking for (and if you read the jobs
newsgroup, you probably have seen this there too, and I apologize for
the semi-cross-posting but I figured that this might get a bit more
attention).

Anybody who's a developer/programmer and works on Unix/Linux desktops
(actually, just for cross-platform compatibility, maybe it would be best
if you were a Free/Net/OpenBSD user) and has a decent-to-solid
understanding of Gecko should really be reading this. What a fellow
coder and I are going to be attempting (starting a little bit after the
end of the world) is porting Gecko over to a new web browser framework-
it's called the Konqueror, and it's an embedded part of KDE. If you
don't kno wwhat KDE is, well... I hope you're willing to learn and learn
fast. The Konqueror already has an HTML widget (khtml) but what we plan
on doing is making Konqi a much more functional and feature-filled web
browser by adding the fully compliant Gecko rendering engine to it.
Gecko is going to replace khtml as far as we are concerned. Anybody
who's interested in creating a decent web browser for Unix desktops NOW
should reply to this; my email is nytehorse@inficad.com. Hope to hear
from somebody soon!

-Chris