List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Netscape Problem
From:       50173841 () cpccux0 ! cityu ! edu ! hk ()
Date:       1999-09-30 0:29:11

I have some problem about netscape.
Orginally the computer has netscape 3.0, after installing a 4.5, the 3.0
can't be used to connect to website anymore, and the 4.5 also can't.

I have checked all the TCP/IP, dial-up networking, proxy setting and sure
it is correct. I have rename the 3.0 and install the 4.5 again, the result
is the same.

The strange things is that:
1) It is totally ok for IE.
2) When you type the address and press enter, the connection icon at lower
   right corner have no response(no light) at all!
   But the address can be pinged!
3) But I connect to a bank site, it have some response, the netscape is provided
   by the bank for web banking service, but both the bank and ISP can't tell
   why?

Thanks!

My email is : Wong.Siu.Ki@plink.cityu.edu.hk
K.