List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Re: Overview
From:       John Morrison <3jrgm () qlink ! queensu ! ca>
Date:       1998-11-30 18:29:33

Nobody wrote:

> Where can I get some introductory information on the netscape browser.
> I eventually want to be able to customize a browser. I've seen the
> source code sites but they would probably be heavy going just now. Are
> there any gentle introductions into the various components of a
> browser client?

I would suggest looking at the links on:
       http://www.mozilla.org/projects.html
   and http://www.mozilla.org/docs/tplist/tplist.html
and find the documents that are relevant to the modules that you want
to work on (i.e., Layout or RDF or NetLib or ...).

Be aware that some of the documentation refers to the the
MozillaClassic
layout engine which has been retired in favour of the NGLayout code.
See
http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html for more on this change. (You can
also look at http://www.mozilla.org/status/ for a roundup of recent
developments (although I see it hasn't been updated for this past
week).

Cheers,
John