List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Re: To give you an idea of QtScape code...
From:       Russ Allbery <rra () stanford ! edu>
Date:       1998-04-12 12:37:55

Martin Konold <konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> IMHO the clean C++ qtscape code will lead to a rapid developing Mozilla
> which can be more stable, faster and featureful than any competitor.
> The port beeing done by those 7 programmers in only 5 days should be an
> indication about the prosperful future of Mozilla.

> A cleanup of the code according to sane C++ conventions will make future
> improvements even faster and more reliable.

You're assuming that C++ is in any way portable or suitable for writing a
true cross-platform application.  All of the horror stories that I've
heard on that subject indicate otherwise.

> A quote from the Bazaar Paper:

> "I think it is not critical that the coordinator be able to originate
> designs of exceptional brilliance, but it is absolutely critical that
> he/she be able to recognize good design ideas from others."

The irony of you quoting this is truly amusing, you realize.  :)

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>