List:       mozilla-general
Subject:    Re: To give you an idea of QtScape code...
From:       Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra () troll ! no>
Date:       1998-04-11 23:14:01

robert havoc pennington <hp@pobox.com>
> ... There is also the Troll Tech Qt Free License,
> which is not free in the sense of "open source," but is free of charge
> for noncommercial use.

That is not strictly correct.  For example, if you set up a company to
develop free software, give it away and make money on selling support,
you can use Qt for free for developing that software.

(Someone's going to say that an application which uses a non-free
library cannot itself be free.  I disagree.  In my opinion the
relationship between an application and a library is a client-server
relationship.  An application does not incorporate a library, it
merely uses the library, just as it uses the kernel, the CPU and other
hardware, etc.)

--Arnt