List:       mozilla-documentation
Subject:    Re: Idea: Netscape QuickTips
From:       Ben Bucksch <news () bucksch ! org>
Date:       1999-11-10 4:04:41

Mark Sutherlin wrote:
> One would be able to skip to the next tip, and then the next, in order
> to learn a lot in a short period of time.  The QuickTips would also be
> accessible from the help menu, and perhaps searchable from the help
> system.

Apart from Windows, I've seen this on DDD (graphical debugger for Unix).

> Please tell me what you think, what you like, don't like, or would make
> better.

I like it.

I add ToolTips (yellow boxes, that appear after the mouse didn't move
some time while the cursor is over a button on the toolbar and that
describe the button in one sentence; to be seen on Enlightenment).

--
Ben Bucksch
http://www.bucksch.org