List:       mozilla-crypto
Subject:    Re: CA Root Certificates
From:       David Ross <nobody () nowhere ! not>
Date:       2004-10-06 2:50:51

hobbs_place wrote:

> Sorry, I now see this has been answered previously and that WebTrust
> accreditation is a requirement to be considered.
>
> "hobbs_place" <mark.hobbs@diginus.com> wrote in message
> > I would be grateful if anyone has information on the processes used by
> > mozilla.org to allow new root CAs to be trusted by Mozilla/Firefox.

The proposed policy on approving CA certificates includes
alternatives to WebTrust.  Requiring WebTrust accreditation is only
an interim requirement until the policy is finalized and formally
adopted.  Of course, much can change between proposal and formal
adoption.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>