List:       mozilla-crypto
Subject:    Re: Dynamically created html and signed script
From:       Scott Rea <scott.rea () identrus ! com>
Date:       2003-11-18 22:29:51

Folks,

There will always be a trade off between functionality and security...
security sandboxes were created to protect us from ourselves.

I agree it is very inefficient to create a signed jar-file on the fly
for each user - but it is not necessary to do this. Simply create a
single signed jar-file that consists of a blank html page with all the
JavaScript functions you need (including asking for appropriate
permissions) then open this in a child window to your dynamic user HTML
page and call the required signed functions in the child window from
your parent window, then close the child window when you are done.

Works like a charm!

-Scott