List:       mozilla-crypto
Subject:    Re: NSS SSL failure opening 2 connections
From:       Not Zed <notzed () ximian ! com>
Date:       2003-06-21 2:47:03

> You control both of the two servers with which you're testing, right?
> You probably generated the server certs being used with both servers,
> using an openSSL or mod_ssl test program/script, right?
>
> My guess is that both servers have certs with the same exact issuer
> name and serial number, but different public keys.  That's invalid.
> (Am I right?)

Duh, idiot.  Seems to be the problem with my test case.  I was just
trying to recreate a problem someone else is having, he's using another
server that i dont have access to.  I'll get him to check the issuers,
and also get the slack sysops to fix the mail server.  Groan, what a
waste of time!

Thanks a lot anyway, i knew it had to be something simple.

  Michael