List:       mozilla-crypto
Subject:    Re: CERT_GetCertNicknames and CA certs
From:       Nelson B <NOnelsonSPAM () NObolyard ! comSPAM ! netscape ! com>
Date:       2003-06-08 2:41:24

POC wrote:
> I'm calling CERT_GetCertNicknames(CERT_GetDefaultCertDB(),
> SEC_CERT_NICKNAMES_CA, NULL) but the nicknames for my CA certs are not
> returned. The CA certs reside on a PKCS#11 module which should be automatically
> loaded after initialization, or do I need to explicitly load the module?

Patrick,  I'm not the expert in the area of what PKCS 11 modules NSS loads
automatically, but I'm not aware that it loads any automatically except
nssckbi and whatever modules are listed in secmod.db.

You can use the modutil program to list the automatically loaded modules.
The command is
    modutil -list -dbdir DIR
where DIR is the directory that contains your secmod.db file and the
cert and key DB files.

--
Nelson B