List:       mozilla-crypto
Subject:    Re: db directory change
From:       Wan-Teh Chang <wtc () netscape ! com>
Date:       2001-12-28 16:49:05

tak wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying make application which provide digital signature
> function use by NSS.
>
> I can not change db directory while application is running
> although I changed first parameter of NSS_Initialize().

You mean your application is calling NSS_Initialize() multiple
times, whenever it needs to change db directory?

Why do you want to change the db directory while the application
is running?

> Please tell me how can I change db directory while application
> is running ?

This requirement was recently introduced to NSS to support the
Mozilla client's user profile switching feature.  You need
to call NSS_Shutdown() before you call NSS_Initialize() again.

By the way, NSS_Init() and NSS_InitReadWrite() are preferred
NSS initialization functions.  NSS_Initialize() was added to
help old NSS clients migrate to the new NSS 3.x releases.
You should use NSS_Init() or NSS_InitReadWrite() if possible.

Wan-Teh