List:       mono-winforms-list
Subject:    [Mono-winforms-list] Is Control.has_focus behaving properly
From:       John BouAntoun <jba-mono () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-10-27 10:35:20

Hi guys,

I'm just curious why when you click on a control it doesn't seem to set
has_focus to true?

The last time I asked peter about this he told me that focus was purely
a keyboard driven thing, so I suspect this is why we currently don't set
has_focus on click.

But I've checked this on windows, and windows definitely draws both
rectangles (the outer one and the inner dashed one) when you click on a
button, not just when you tab to a control.

I suspect MWF behaviour is by design, but do need to start thinking of
changing this now?

JBA