List:       mono-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-list] Mono at embedded devices (arm)
From:       "Edward Ned Harvey (mono)" <edward.harvey.mono () clevertrove ! com>
Date:       2014-09-19 12:38:43

> From: mono-list-bounces@lists.ximian.com [mailto:mono-list-
> bounces@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of star@gmx.li
>
> What is the size of the mono runtime environment? Is this suitable for little
> linux systems?
>
> Want to get it running at an embedded ARM (cortex A8) device - as
> beagleboard -

I know some people use mono in embedded systems, but I don't know much more than \
that.

But I can say this much:  Both of the mailing lists (mono-list, and mono-dev) are \
fairly small, and don't have a lot of overlap.  So first post on the list that you \
think is right (in this case, you've already posted on this list, which is right.)  \
And if you don't find the answers you're looking for, then post on the other list.

Particularly, the mono-dev list is very likely to help you (a) build for your \
environment, and (b) understand your memory footprint (and how to reduce it).

If there are other projects out there that already do what you're doing, I would \
guess your best possibility of finding them would likely be on this list (mono-list). \
Definitely try searching the archives, just because whoever posted here before, might \
not be reading this thread right now. _______________________________________________
Mono-list maillist  -  Mono-list@lists.ximian.com