List:       mono-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-list] Mono.Security
From:       "Edward Ned Harvey (mono)" <edward.harvey.mono () clevertrove ! com>
Date:       2013-10-27 1:30:59

> From: mono-list-bounces@lists.ximian.com [mailto:mono-list-
> bounces@lists.ximian.com] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey (mono)
> =

> Where would you get it?=A0 All I can find is the source in the mono github
> project.=A0 If you wanted to use Mono.Security on mac, windows, and linux,
> would you need to install complete mono runtime in order to have access to
> it?
> =

> If you don't want the whole runtime (for example, you just want
> Mono.Security on windows) do you have to download the mono source and
> then somehow build just the Mono.Security assembly?

I figured it out.  The easiest thing to do is to download the mono windows =
installer, and install it.  Then, you'll have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mono-=
2.10.9\lib\mono\4.0\Mono.Security.dll" which you can copy to your project (=
or leave it where it is.)  Add reference to your project - browse to the dl=
l directly.  And then you can "using Mono.Security;" and furthermore, you c=
an go to Start/Programs/Mono/Monodoc.  There you'll find the namespace & cl=
asses documented.

In particular, the X509CertificateBuilder class (and friends.)  This is wha=
t I was going after.

I'm aware, but it deserves mention, that mono is distributed under various =
licenses, and it would generally not be advisable to distribute this DLL wi=
thout considering license compatibility.  But if it were to be installed as=
 a separate "add on" or something like that, complying with the license ter=
ms, then it should be ok. =