List:       mono-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-list] Re: On Mono and Patents ... again
From:       Pablo Baena <pbaena () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-28 20:10:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I don't usually respond to aggresive mails, but I only wanted to say, that
the failure of OS/2 was because of thousands of reasons, and I'm sure that
having windows compatibility wasn't one of them for the most part.

Educate yourself a little further:

http://www.linuxandmain.com/features/os2retro.html

And for the rest, I dare YOU to come up with a better platform than C# or
Java, as you propose, so all of us can switch to it. I for one would be
dying to switch. Don't forget to include something resembling
ASP.NET<http://ASP.NET>,
ADO.NET <http://ADO.NET>, Gtk#, System.Xml, and so on...
Also, be aware of not getting into ANY software patent over there on the
process, so I can rest in peace at night.

Do yourself a favor and be nicer too, for a change.

On 9/28/05, Michael Thomsen <mikerthomsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Having just skim read his post, I think you have greatly maligned
> teenagers who dabble in software development...
>

> On 9/28/05, Peter Dennis Bartok <peter@novonyx.com> wrote:
> > > One thing I don't understand is where the heck all this hostility
> > >comes from. He could have started a simple argument/discussion about
> the
> > Based on his language and posts from his address to other forums it
> seems he
> > is just a teenager dabbling in php and java. I wouldn't take it too
> serious.

> There are a lot of us out there who both do and do not work for Sun

Wow! Quantum programmers!