List:       mono-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-list] Free Mono
From:       Jonathan Pryor <jonpryor () vt ! edu>
Date:       2005-09-25 21:15:47

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 23:20 -0500, "Adolfo J. Peña" wrote:
> I believe that Microsoft has stated that their language specification
> will be free for those who wish to make an implementation of it. Still,
> all of the evidence that I was able to find was a vague email. Is there
> written evidence to support these claims? If so, where could I get a copy.

The C# standard:

	http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-334.htm

The Common Language Infrastructure:

	http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-335.htm

Both pages currently refer to the 3rd edition of the standards, which
correspond to C# 2.0 and .NET 2.0, respectively.

If you look hard enough you can request a paperback version of the
standards -- for free, no less (I got both) -- but I can't remember the
URL for ordering.

 - Jon