List:       mono-list
Subject:    [Mono-list] Mapping between CLR virtual table and C++ virtual table
From:       Marcus <mathpup () mylinuxisp ! com>
Date:       2003-01-18 1:44:32

> Another solution is to integrate the ability to map between the CLR
> virtual table and the C++ virtual table to the mono runtime.
> This would be compiler-specific (and mono-specific), but it has already
> been done and it's possible the MS CLR runtime will support something
> like that in the future anyway (this is just my speculation, now that
> mono is catching up, they need to add some 'unique' feature to their
> runtime;-).

How does one use this mapping with Mono? Do the C++ classes involved have to
be specially compiled, or is it possible to override the C++ virtual method
table at runtime for an ordinary, already-compiled C++ class? If so, how do I
use this capability? I saw some postings about virtual methods table hacking
about 9 months ago, but they seemed to be related to embedding Mono into a
C++ program rather than the situation we have with Qt#.