List:       mono-docs-list
Subject:    [Mono-docs-list] Google Summer of Code is here again!
From:       Andreia Gaita <andreia () xamarin ! com>
Date:       2012-03-19 15:24:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi everyone!

Once again, the Mono team is happy to announce that we are participating in the \
Google Summer of Code 2012! Last year was a great success, and we hope this year will \
be even better!

As usual, project ideas and rules are available on our GSoC page at \
http://mono-project.com/Gsoc . The ideas list has been updated throughout last week, \
so don't be surprised if some things have moved around or disappeared. Feel free to \
choose one or more ideas from that page, or come up with your own awesome idea and \
send us your proposal!

This week is all about talking to developers and prospective mentors, discussing your \
ideas and getting feedback prior to the official student proposal submission phase, \
which starts on March 26th. Take this time to introduce yourself and get to know the \
community, and show us how excited you are about coding the summer away! :)

This mailing list is a good place to start for Orchard and Documentation ideas.
You can also find most devs over at the mono-devel \
(http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-devel-list) list [1], the MonoDevelop \
devs over at the monodevelop \
(http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/monodevelop-list) list [2] and \
list [3]. A complete breakdown of all our mailing lists is available here \
(http://www.mono-project.com/Mailing_Lists) [4].

And, of course, IRC is where everyone is: server irc.gnome.org, channels #mono \
(general mono discussions), #monodev (for Mono development), #monodevelop (for \
MonoDevelop), #monosoc (for GSoC-related questions).

Good luck, and happy coding!

[4] http://www.mono-project.com/Mailing_Lists

andreia gaita
blog.worldofcoding.com (http://blog.worldofcoding.com)