List:       mono-docs-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-docs-list] How to start contributing
From:       John Luke <john.luke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-15 21:06:41

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:19:36 -0600, Kevin White <jedirunner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering what I need to do to start contributing docs.  Also,
> what are people currently working on?  I would like to contribute to
> some of the docs, but don't want to duplicate effort, and need to find
> out what the contribution process is.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Hello,

If by docs you mean API docs (either Gtk# or mono) then the best way
is to get monodoc and edit and submit them through it.  You can of
course also just edit the .xml files (from the source tarballs or
cvs), but it is much more tedious.

If you mean the monkeyguide, then you need to check out the 'monkeyguide'
module from cvs.

In both cases, it probably is best if you post what you plan to work
on here in order to avoid duplication.  I am only aware of one person
who is currently working on anything, so chances of duplication is low
at the moment.  (But perhaps there is a secret army of doc writers
waiting to suprise us all.)

Let us know if you have any more questions.