List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-dev] Is mono ready for backend deployment?
From:       "Edward Ned Harvey (mono)" <edward.harvey.mono () clevertrove ! com>
Date:       2015-03-27 10:35:40

> From: Gelin Yan [mailto:dynamicgl@gmail.com]
>
> Unfortunately, at the time, mono crashed each time after a few seconds of
> pressing tests. (IAsyncResult was slightly better,
> it lasted a bit longer).

Check the mono compatibility guide.  All the async stuff, except for ASP.Net, has \
stabilized and is well supported, since ... I'm not sure when ...  But I know it \
wasn't stable in 2.10 when you tested it, and it is stable now.  I also know if you \
had checked the compatibility guide in the days of 2.10, it would indicate async was \
not yet stable.  Familiarization with the compatibility guide and the class status \
guide is an important part of cross-platform development for .Net and mono.

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/compatibility/
and
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/class-status/

> By the way, Do you have any info about tuning GC on mono?  When I
> searched "mono, gc tuning" on google,  only a few results came out and a
> little bit outdated.

I have not had any reason to tweak the GC, but if you post questions here about it \
(start a new thread) other people here are experts on GC and can answer your \
Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list@lists.ximian.com