List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    [Mono-dev] Compiling mono with static glibc.
From:       theonlylawislove <theonlylawislove () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-23 11:12:17

I am attempting to build mono, statically linking all previously-shared
libraries. I need to the executable to be extra portable.

I posted the full details on stackoverflow  here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28106684/compiling-mono-linux-with-static-glibc>
.

In short, I have set all the environment variables CFLAGS, LDFLAGS,
CPPFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, with the value "-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++", but
the resulting mono executable still uses shared/dynamic libraries.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as the project I am working on
requires me to use Mono on an old fedora system, that has an old glibc
(<2.15). Thanks in advance!