List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    [Mono-dev] armv6+ atomics / thumb support
From:       Geoff Norton <gnorton () novell ! com>
Date:       2010-06-29 20:03:38

I've just commited support for armv6+ processors to the mono runtime in r159690 and r159691.  While mono has worked on these processors for quite some time, we relied on the deprecated swp instruction.  When compiling for armv6+ now we will use ldrex/strex which allows us to work on processors which do not have (or emulate) swp, and additionally the runtime can be compiled in thumb mode.

-g