List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    [Mono-dev] Differences in Exception handling on Win32 vs Win64
From:       Miguel de Icaza <miguel () novell ! com>
Date:       2009-01-28 23:07:06

Hello,

    While doing some of the refactoring work for the mini-OS work, I
noticed that we have code that could be moved into mini-windows.c in the
exceptions-x86.c and exceptions-amd64.c, the code is almost identical,
the difference is that exceptions-x86.c supports a "restore_stack
helper":

	/* install restore stack helper */
	if (!restore_stack)
		restore_stack = mono_win32_get_handle_stackoverflow ();

     This is used by the stack-overflow handling code path.   I am not
sure if this is because the code diverged at some point, and only x86
was updated, or if this is something that is not worth supporting on
x86-64.

Miguel.