List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    [Mono-dev] JaCIL 0.4.0.0
From:       "Almann T. Goo" <almann.goo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-30 4:16:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,
In case you were interested, I've just bundled up the fruits of some serious
development over the Memorial Day weekend for JaCIL.  JaCIL can now handle
about 110 instructions, approximately half of the CIL instruction set! JaCIL
translated classes now can do method invocation, conversion operations,
static/instance field access, array creation, array access, and branch and
comparison operations.  JaCIL also has the beginnings of its testing harness
using TestNG on the Java side--the source distribution contains the test
suite that shows some examples of what JaCIL can handle today.

I am working on making the implicit conversions more sturdy (especially for
"ldelem"/"stelem" instructions), and my next target is getting object
creation working (i.e. "newobj") amongst other things.

Release announcement with links to download, release notes, and change log
for JaCIL 0.4.0.0:

Project home (project info, online API docs, download links, repository
link, etc.):
http://jacil.sourceforge.net/

Special thanks again to Mono Cecil, ObjectWeb ASM, and the
IKVM.NETprojects--JaCIL relies heavily on them!

Best Regards,
Almann

--
Almann T. Goo