List:       mono-devel-list
Subject:    Re: [Mono-devel-list] Windows problems
From:       Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo () ximian ! com>
Date:       2003-08-28 20:41:47

El jue, 28-08-2003 a las 19:58, DavidM escribió:
> I am trying to get mono.exe to run under Windows XP.
> MCS works fine, the exe produced runs just like a .Net app and in fact uses the .Net 1.1 libarary.
>
> Mint works fine but Mono does not.
> Currently it is returning the following error:
>
> The assembly corlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
> It should have been installed in the `C:/cygwin/home/Administrator/monodist/lib' directory.
>
> Where is it getting this directory from?

Try setting MONO_PATH environment variable to a list of directories
suitable for you (ie., c:/where/you/installed/mono).

You may also need to set MONO_CFG_DIR to the 'etc' directory (used to
locate machine.config) and MONO_CONFIG to the file name located in
'etc/config' for runtime configuration file.

-Gonzalo