List:       monetdb-users
Subject:    Re: [MonetDB-users] hold cursors over commit in JDBC
From:       Fabian Groffen <Fabian.Groffen () cwi ! nl>
Date:       2012-06-12 7:55:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 12-06-2012 00:13:14 -0700, Majid Azimi wrote:
> Let me ask it this way:
>
> How can we configure driver so it doesn't fetch all records at one time.

That's the default mode of operation.  It fetches some amount, if you
think that's still too big, use Connection.setFetchSize().

> for example 100 records per each fetch, So the application server doesn't get OutOfMemoryException.

The default is 250, and it uses weak references to get the best.  Make
sure you use forward-only cursors if you move forward only (the
default), as it allows the driver to cleanup as soon as data has been
read.

Fabian